Yves Klein Blue


So for the longest time, I have been wondering who this sculpture is from mainly due to the amazing color that you cannot see in this picture. I took it at the Pompidou Center (or as the Parisians call it the Boubourg)  with my phone in Paris a couple years ago when I still lived there. Today,  I read an article on the upcoming color of 2012, which is, by the way, Tangerine Tango ( the picture below). Thanks to the article I finally found out who the sculpture was by and was reunited with the amazing indigo blue he used on a lot of his pieces. 
                                       
Tangerine Tango ( the new "it" color of 2012)


Here is a picture of Yves Klein with a similar sculpture to the one I saw at the Boubourg behind him.



This is the sculpture I am talking about, but thankfully, this picture does the sculpture justice. 

Such an amazing hue of blue. 



An installation of Yves Klein's work that displays the color beautifully. 




No comments:

Post a Comment