Pastel Genius


How amazing are these photographs by Joyce Tenneson!!!???!!! I love the pastel hues and the veil like texture of the photographs. They look surreal and convey so much emotion. There are so many possible ways in which one can analyze these photographs. An old man with a young angel. It may be a man dying with an angel helping him along the way to heaven. The gargoyle-like wing on the girl makes the context feel like it's a warning or somehow associated with water, a cleanse of some sort. The cleanse of the old man's sins before he is to enter heaven? Perhaps. 




Not to take away the beauty or the deep meaning this piece holds, but somehow this woman reminds me of menstrual cramps. It's the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it, and later when I noticed the doves hovering above her head, it just made all the more sense. Sometime in the late 90's or maybe early 00's an Always commercial aired with a bunch of doves or some kind of birds forming the always logo in the sky. 



I love the emotion this one holds. The woman on the right looks crazy, like ready to be put into a psychiatric facility and bounded by a straight jacket. The one on the left does not want to let go, either of the person or the memory of the woman on the left while she was still sane. 




 The suffering and support of what looks like two cancer patients in the last photograph, gives you so much insight. The black and white can signify the horrifying aspects of cancer while the white signifies the light on the other side, the light a cancer patient sees when he battles with the disease and succeeds with the support of his family and friends. Or it can signify the suffering interracial couples feel when judged by society. They are stripped bare of their relationship with the outside world and all they are left with is themselves. There is so much love and vulnerability but security at the same time. 

1 comment:

  1. I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) or Text/call : +12317945543

    ReplyDelete