Pappi you're like a mocha

 As i was surfing the internet looking for new and inspirational music to listen to I stumbled upon Shakira's Rambiosa ft. Pitbull. I'm usually not a fan of Pitbull or Shakira but this song knocked it out of the park for me.  I love music that makes you feel sexy, forces you to shake your bum wherever you may be, and empowers you as a woman. I decided to get inspired and imagine what a woman that embodies Rambiosa would wear.



The first thing that I thought of when envisioning the outfit of a Rambiosa inspired woman was the gorgeous jackets Spanish toreadors wear. I love the intricate designs that make the jackets so awe inspiring. I was so surprised when I found out that toreador jackets are included in many 2012 collections. 
1. Moschino 2. Balmain 3. Balmain 4. Moschino  5. Dries Van Noten  6. Lady Gaga in March 2011 issue of Vogue, shot by Mario Testino


Shakira keeps on singing how her pappi resembles a mocha so I decided to pair the jackets with some beige coloured dresses. Considering that Shakira is Colombian, I decided to include printed dresses that resemble the prints used by traditional Colombian women. 
1. Asos 2. Zara 3. Asos 4. Zara 5. Zara 6. Zara

Once again, when it comes to the accessories, I was inspired by the mocha colour Shakira sings about and the patterns of Colombian folk clothes. 
All from Zara. 
Colombian women. Notice the beautiful pattern on their belts.

Have a listen to Rabiosa. 

Hope you enjoy the post! xo



No comments:

Post a Comment