The 95 year old fashionista

From the book Wise Women by photographer Joyce Tenneson.


Oh the wonderful Zelda Kaplan.
To be honest, I only heard about this wonderful woman about A DAY before her death. I got really excited about this wonderful socialite and watched a few interviews with her. My goodness was she an energetic and inspiring woman.  In 2003 Her Name Is Zelda was shot to familiarize the public with the excentric woman in African attire and a towering hat always present on top of her head, covering her wonderful silver hair. 

Her life is a wonderful journey of a housewife turned socialite, turned fashion icon, turned humanitarian. 

Daddy's Little Girl From The Interpretation of Dreams Series by Andres Serrano.

She loved to dance and party all night (until the wee hours of the morning!!!) which reminds me of my friends and I. It just instantly made me love her; not to mention her efforts for woman rights in Africa. 
If you want to familiarize with Zelda, watch this video. It made me fall in love with her. 

Although her death is a tragic event, I think that dying at fashion week is exciting. A place where she fit perfectly and it just gives us a lasting memory of Zelda Kaplan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment